Thursday, January 7, 2010

How's It Hangin'?

This is our main floor powder room.



Nothing special but simple and quaint nonetheless.  I've always had one small problem with it though.  Well, not a problem... more of a small nuisance.  Because I like things functional.  Most days this is how the powder room looks.



The hand towel is usually crumpled up in the sink, completely wet, after my boys wash their hands because they can't reach the towel ring to hang it back up.  (That is, when I can get them to wash their hands.)  But one day while browsing Lowe's, I came across the perfect solution.  A self-adhesive brushed nickel hook for $3.  Perfect!



I easily attached it to the wall between the sink and the toilet just above the kids' step stool.



It looked great and I thought the nuisance was short-lived.  Essentially, there was a place for the kids' towel and a spot for the adults' towel.



As is pretty typical around here, I was wrong.  This is what the bathroom looked like after the first time Layne used it with the new towel hook.  (I even made a big deal about how I put up this hook just for him, right at his height.)



Apparently, he wasn't used to hanging up his towel.  Bad habits are hard to break.  Especially in children.  A few weeks later, we have progressed to this.



But usually the towel ends up on the floor or in the sink, soggy.  I think I remember seeing white hand towels at IKEA that have loops on them to hang up.  I may break down and buy a few. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the paint color in your bathroom. What color did you use?

    Thanks, Valerie
    capps_2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete