Friday, January 15, 2010

Airing Out

It seems like at any given time between the months of October and March, at least one person in this family of four has a snotty nose or cough.  Being in the Midwest, we don't get out as much during winter and germs can easily take up residence inside.  They say indoor air is more polluted than outside air due to all the chemicals that are released from cleaners, perfumes, hairspray and even furniture.  In an effort to keep our home's air fresh, I 'air out' the house once a week for 15 minutes.  Even when it's cold outside.  This simply requires opening a bunch of windows.  The only thing to keep in mind is air flow.  For instance, if I open a window at the front of the house, then I need to open one at the back of the house also to pull air through the house. 









And don't forget upstairs if you have a second story...









With all the recent painting events that have taken place here this week, today is Ultimate Airing Out Day.  I'm keeping the windows open (and putting up with the slight, temporary chill) all morning.  Not to worry though, I've got my sweatpants and sweatshirt on to keep me toasty.  Who am I kidding?  This is my normal attire on a winter day.

Ahhhhh, I'm breathing better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment