Monday, December 28, 2009

A Mini-Mudroom

Back in August, we were featured on Young House Love's website as one of their infamous Reader Redesigns.  I was ecstatic!  They declared the small renovation of our hall closet into a mini mudroom worthy of mention to the decor world.  Want to see what all the fuss was about?  Check it out here.

And if you just want the short of it, here are the before and afters.  (Remember, I alluded to this in a recent post about my laundry room makeover... the paint color is Glidden's Gentle Tide.)

Before (well, during)




After








For specifics on products, cost and the DIY work, swap over to YHL.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the article at YHL- I LOVE that blog! Also, I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your black kitchen table with the cross back chairs? Its exactly what we're looking for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen table and chairs are from JCPenney. The table pulls out into a square to seat 8 if needed. We LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did yall widen the doorway yourself, or did you pay someone to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! I stumbled across this idea completely by accident but I'm seriously considering doing it now. Our family room "coat closet" is ridiculously small with an inefficient configuration. Push in the vacuum and hang a few coats and it's full. Then I have kids' shoes, jackets, scarves, hats, swim goggles, etc. scattered all over the first floor. I think if I house the vacuum somewhere else then this idea might work perfectly for corralling the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete